Age advantage in dating
- Older people bring their social expertise to the date. They're usually wiser and life's experiences give them a lot to talk about together.
- Age advantage in dating manifests itself in several positive ways. One of them is that the difficult areas of life have (usually) been already dealt with: no young kids, no house-buying, no job-hunting. Older people generally have a lot more time to put into the date and potential relationship.
- Older people who're dating have the advantage of being more financially secure, so the relationship can be based on the things that matter, rather shallow elements like money, nice cars and wealth.
- Older daters usually know what they want from relationships. They've had time to learn from their experiences. They waste less time working out who they are and what they want from a potential spouse.
What do do when going back on the dating game
- Get family and friends to help you identify your qualities if you're not confident enough to put them on your online profile.
- Do include a picture in your profile. As far as possible, use a professional picture - one that will show you in your best possible light.
- Fill out your profile completely - even if you have to get help to do so. An incomplete profile doesn't get half as many views and interests. Besides, you may be neglecting your most attractive features.
- Even though you've got the age advantage in dating you still need to be careful. Don't give out personal information and always date in public places.
- Don't settle for less than you want. You've waited this long, what's another year? If you feel that you're targeted or bullied, tell someone. Don't bear this on your own. All online dating sites have moderators. You'll be helping the entire community by standing up for yourself.